Friday, September 21, 2007

Chelsea's surgery
Sept 11th Chels went in for surgery. One of the hooks in her back was protruding and needed to be removed. This should be the last surgery. Everything else in her back is fused and shouldn't move for the rest of her life. This surgery was a piece of cake compared to the last one. She didn't really have much pain and is basically back to normal after only a week and a half. We're glad we went ahead with it!

Here's a shot of her spine before and after the original surgery, what a difference. She has GREAT posture now and no pain.
Here she is getting ready to go back...just after they gave her the goofy juice.


She's back! The first thing she said was "Can I see my phone??" I swear!

I had to take a shot of her back so she could see it.

Poor thing was so doped up she went to scratch her face and fell back asleep with her hands there!! HA!
Her best bud, Kaitlin, came up to visit.
It's been a week and a half and she's doing great! Back to school on Monday!

1 comment:

Amy M said...

She is the cutest surgical patient I ever saw! :)